What is Soft Tissue Therapy?
Soft Tissue Therapy can be used to treat a wide spectrum of musculoskeletal problems that can affect anyone. A Soft Tissue Therapist will look at muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints. This approach works with you to understand the root cause of the issue. By using a range of soft tissue techniques, including sport and remedial massage, this helps to relieve pain and give you knowledge to help avoid future problems.
This is great treatment for:
- Pain located in the lower and upper back, shoulder, neck, hips, knees, ankles, wrists and fingers
- Irritation from repetitive strain injury
- General joint pain or restriction
- IT band pain or tightness
- Pre & post training treatments
- Tightness in the muscles restricting movement, i.e. in the hips, calves and thighs
- Pain caused by plantar fascia
- Strain or sprain of a muscle/ligament
It can also be very helpful to manage longer term conditions such as arthritis, asthma, carpal tunnel syndrome, to name a few...
People who have a manual element to their work can also find regular treatment useful to relieve pain as well as working through pain management strategy.
What a Treatment Includes..
You will start with a 60 minute session that includes a consultation and treatment to understand the issue and workout a treatment plan that fits with your goals. The sessions will then be tailored to your individual needs and can include:
- Deep Tissue Massage
- General Massage
- Trigger Point Technique
- Soft Tissue Release
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Positional Release
- Joint Mobilisation
- Postural Assessment and Correction
As part of the session you are offered stretching, strengthening and nutritional advice to aid recovery and to avoid the problem recurring.